Friday, November 5, 2010

New Baby Boy




I have a lot of catching up to do but the most important post of all is definitely about our new sweet boy Westin. He was born August 13th and weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs 9 oz. The labor and delivery could not have gone any better. I went in at 6 p.m. to be induced and he was born at 12:01 a.m. He has been an angel baby. The first few weeks were pretty rough as he was wide awake and alert between 1 and 4 a.m. It was killing me. But that passed and now he's really a great sleeper. He is definitely the worst at spitting up. It is absolutely crazy how often he spits up and how much he spits up. But what cracks me up are the reactions from dad and siblings, "oh gross; help, help; oh sick he just barfed; it's on me, it's on me" It cracks me up. What do they think is in his spit up? Chunks of food?


I have thoroughly enjoyed this sweet baby. I have taken more time with this baby to just sit and hold him. Perhaps it's because this very well might be our last and knowing that I want to treasure the time I have to hold him. They grow so fast and fit right under your chin for such a short time. They sleep in your arms for just a couple months. I love to just stare at him and smile at his innocence. I love knowing he was just with our Father in Heaven. I love looking at him and wondering what he is thinking. I love to watch him discover his tiny hands. I love to listen to him cooh. I love that he is tubby and bald. And I love his big blue eyes (thank you dad). He definitely has me wrapped and thats OK. He is our happiest baby; smiling and laughing all the time. Someone commented the other day, "I've never seen a baby laugh so much for no reason." I know his happy spirit is a blessing from our Heavenly Father to counter what has been such a long year. Thank you for this blessing; I couldn't have asked for anything more.

6 comments:

Nancy Pitney said...

That is so sweet. It so reminds me how I need to enjoy every moment with mine because it is so precious. Congrats! I'm so impressed you are able to stop and enjoy him even though you still have a house full of kids!

Jake and Jenny said...

What a little blessing! Sweet post!

paynejandj said...

I still plan on calling you "this week" (I know I said that weeks ago). Life got a little hectic around here. I am thinking of you and so happy to see photos of your sweet Westin.

abo-bder said...


فني تركيب وبرمجة الدش بالرياض
فني تركيب الدش والستلايت بالرياض

abo-bder said...


شركة تنظيف مجالس ببيشة
شركة تنظيف ببيشة
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات المياه بحائل
شركة تنظيف مجالس بحائل
شركة تنظيف فلل بحائل
شركة تنظيف المنازل والشقق بحائل
شركة تنظيف بحائل

abo-bder said...


شركة تركيب غرف نوم ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فنى تركيب
.
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
محل تصليح شاشات التلفزيون
شركة تنظيف مجالس بابها